The Education Plenum is a think tank focusing on education research. Founded in 2016 by policy analyst Besa Shahini. In 2015 Besa’s work with the European Stability Initiative (www.esiweb.org) produced its first impact in the field of education with a project funded by Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Switzerland. The project evaluated schoolbooks in Kosovo and addressed ways to improve them, which resulted in the creation of the Textbook Council in the Ministry of Education (Besa is a member on volunteer basis). Besa has since worked with the Kosovo Parliament and the German Cooperation on the assessment of the implementation of the law on pre-university education. In addition, Besa volunteered with the Prishtina Municipality in designing the “all day school” project, including the reading program.
What we offer:
• Policy researcher and policy analyst positions
• Potential contracts for paid researcher and analyst positions
• Capacity building for policy research (qualitative) and policy advocacy
• Capacity building in fundraising and networking
• Sharing experience in establishing think tanks or other NGOs